Pages

3.8.14

Crazy Summer

I think that this is probably the most crazy/memorable summer ever, mostly due to Maria's entrance, but also probably because I have the memory of a goldfish.

Some crazy things that happened this summer;

  1. Maria's entrance, as mentioned above.
  2. My first real car accident. Apparently the driver who hit me "didn't think (I) was going to turn." (hmmm, yes, that definitely excuses the blatant running through a red light...) I'm almost excited this happened, because unlike most of my older siblings, who have been in near-death situations, I've been pretty low key till now. I can't help but connect the fact that my guardian angel was doing some serious damage control here (like with my siblings) and the fact that now most of them have a pretty good idea of what their vocation is! Is this a pathetic hope? Yep. 
  1. I got my hair cut by a real-life hair cutter person for the first time! Okay, so maybe this isn't really crazy, but the experience was pretty terrifying (hair salons are SCARY) Oh, and I got short bangs, which I haven't had since I was ten (maybe?) and I go in between hating and just being annoyed with them...
  1. This hasn't happened yet, but I'm going to live, in a different country, with no relatives, for three. whole. months. 
  2. I got invited to join the design team of one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE STAMP COMPANIES. I'm still kinda in shock about this, but maybe by the time December rolls around (I couldn't start right away, studying abroad and all) it will hit me. BUT I'M SO EXCITED. Seriously, as pathetic as this may sound to non-crafters, this has been a dream of mine for about five years now. 
There have been a lot of little exciting things too, but that's all I got for tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. lol at #2 (the first #2)

    re: the second #1--I've only gotten a professional haircut, oh, five times maybe? And three of them have been since I've been married. It always makes me anxious lol

    second #2: Congrats!

    (er... why are these numbered 1,2,1,1,2??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so nervous (and annoyed at myself for being so, because "it's only hair - it'll grow back!")
      Haha, I didn't notice it till you mentioned it, but yeah, I have no idea why Blogger decided to number that way.

      Delete